Senior Product Manager | San Diego
The Senior Product Manager is a key stakeholder who will lead product definition, own and drive the product strategy, and deliver to long-term goals. You will create and execute on product planning and development that includes customer goals and business requirements for product release. The ideal candidate will have experience with developing products and roadmaps for platform architectures in Cloud SaaS environments.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for secure cloud computing and who can serve as a strong advocate for our developer, corporate, and consumer customers. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You must have a deep understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape and be able translate customer needs into features and pricing models. The Senior Product Manager is collaborative, conducting and/or participating in hardware and software design reviews to ensure technical quality. Additionally, this candidate will be working in conjunction with hardware design and software development team members to ensure timely delivery of new products and features.
- Lead the continual design, development, and delivery of new products and product families focused on machine-to-cloud communications, creating innovative development environments and products for IIoT applications
- Direct a comprehensive product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life
- Clearly communicate strategic vision, tactical roadmaps, product plans, and ongoing issues; both internally and externally, to a variety of audiences from engineers to executives
- Create detailed UX and Design requirements, including but not limited to: information architecture, wireframes, annotations, prototypes, visual design, process flows, comps, mockups, and style guides
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and senior management to efficiently develop and ship product
- Manage the full lifecycle of applications from market requirements to product release, including but not limited to: concept, scope, specification, design, prioritization, implementation, business acceptance testing, deployment and maintenance
- Manage strategic relationships with key customers and other ecosystem partners
- Promote use of new technologies and industry-leading trends
- Establish and analyze metrics to ensure product success
- Provide new product training to Customer Success team
- Foster an inclusive environment that shares knowledge and engages all peers in the company strategic vision
- Identify bottlenecks in existing processes, and drive solutions
- Significantly contribute to innovation, continuous improvements and other organizational change
- Mentor, influence, and coach team members to enhance engineering skills and achieve shared goals
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a data science/analytics focused business
- 2+ years of Product Management Lead experience within an enterprise SaaS organization
- Experience in bringing entirely new products to market
- Consumer facing app experience UI/UX, wireframes, agile development process, iterative change
- Strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Passionate about solving problems for customers and have the ability to define compelling products that address those needs.
- Understand modern SaaS technologies and platforms. You can have credible conversations with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple teams including engineering, marketing, sales and services to ensure a world-class customer experience
- Demonstrated productivity, you know how to identify the most important issues, prioritize your time and deliver results consistently
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to explain complex subject matter in an easy to understand language (excellent verbal and written skills)
- Demonstrated strong people management and influencing skills with proven ability and enthusiasm to lead, motivate, inspire, develop, and encourage people, from C-level suite to individual contributors in multiple functional areas
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to get things done – general manager / owner mentality
- Strong understanding of product lifecycle management, whole product strategies, and go-to-market strategies
- Fast-paced startup environment experience or interest is a plus
- 99% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Market competitive total compensation package, including meaningful equity ownership in the company
- Company 401k plan
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.