Senior Software Engineer, Front End | San Diego
The Senior Front-End Software Engineer is instrumental in creating and maintaining scalable and modern web and mobile applications, as part of the sensemetrics Industrial IoT platform. Successful candidates for this role have a deep understanding of front-end application design, development and testing principles, with a focus on leveraging browser-based technologies to visualize and analyze large volumes of data in 2D and 3D formats. Also included in this role is the development, maintenance and improvement of a growing infrastructure of Node.js micro-services, which provide integration between the front-end and various web services, databases, proxies and APIs.
- Design and develop front-end software systems for a fast-growing, disruptive Big Data & IoT company, with a heavy focus on data visualization and analytics
- Take full ownership of key products and features – from software design to project planning, deployment and support
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences
- Support and mentor junior developers and collaborate as part of a cross-functional team
- At least 5 years professional experience in modern web application design and development
- Experience with front-end frameworks, including Angular/AngularJS, jQuery and Bootstrap
Experience with Gulp, Grunt and NPM to build and scaffold web applications
Experience managing code and projects with Git, GitHub, WebStorm, etc.
- Candidate must provide code samples and previous project experience developing robust, scalable web or mobile applications
- An appreciation for clean, elegant and responsive front-end design and well-documented code
- Strongly seeking candidates with Angular2+ experience and use of TypeScript and ng-cli
- Experience with SASS or LESS is strongly desired
- Experience with modern charting libraries, especially HighCharts
- Experience with 2D topographical mapping libraries, especially OpenLayers
- Experience with browser-based 2D/3D visualization libraries, including D3 and ThreeJS
- Experience with front-end OAuth authentication frameworks
- Experience developing middleware and micro-services with Node.js that integrate front-end with web services, databases, proxies and APIs
Ability to create unit, integration and end-to-end tests using Jasmine, Karma, Mocha, Protractor, etc.
- 99% company paid individual medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Market competitive total compensation package, including meaningful equity ownership in the company
- Company 401k plan
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.